The cash register is a journal to register receivings and payments transactions. It calculates the total money in and out, computing the total balance.
- Configure the Cash journal in :menuselection:`Accounting --> Configuration --> Journals`.
- In the tab Journal Entries, the Default Debit and Credit Account can be configured as well as the currency of the journal
How to register cash payments?
To register a cash payment specific to another customer, you should follow these steps:
- Go to :menuselection:`Accounting --> Dashboard --> Cash --> Register Transactions`
- Fill in the start and ending balance
- Register the transactions, specifying the customers linked to the transaction
Put money in
Put money in is used to placed your cash manually before starting your transactions. From the Register Transactions window, go to :menuselection:`More --> Put money in`
Take money out
Take money out is used to collect/get yor your cash manually after ending all your transactions. From the Register Transaction windows, go to :menuselection:`More --> Take money out`
The transactions will be added to the current cash payment registration.